Tere Naam Movie Story Summary
Problems arise when Radhey Mohan, a delinquent falls in love with a girl named Nirjara.
Tere Naam Movie Stars
Salman Khan, Bhoomika Chawla, Sachin Khedekar
Tere Naam Movie Storyline
A woman comes from a Hindu high caste family. Her name is Nirjala. Her family want her to get married to a Hindu upper caste man. She agrees to do so. But before the wedding, she meets with a poor Indian. This man belongs to a very low caste. This man also has a very hot temper and gets into fights all the time. But both fall in love with each other. Nirjala’s family refuse to permit her to get married to him. They force her to get married to the man of their choice. In the meantime, Radhe gets into fight, and someone hits him very hard on his head. Radhe loses his senses and falls down. When he wakes him, he finds himself a mental patient. The hospital finds him very violent and they chain. He is unable to remember his past. Then Nirjala re-enters his life. Will this cure Radhe or make him even worse?
Tere Naam Movie Interesting Facts
- In Patna, a young man got so excited watching Salman Khan sing ‘Tere Naam Humne Kiya Hai’, he got up from his seat, broke his cola bottle on his hand and flashed his bloodied limb to the stunned public.
- The advance booking for Tere Naam was the best ever in five years.
- It was widely perceived that the storyline is about what transpired between Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai during their infamous affair.
- Tere Naam and Wanted (2009) had various things in common: Salman Khan and Sarfaraz Khan both acted in those films.; Salman Khan portrayed a macho character.; Salman Khan’s name is Radhe and Sarfaraz Khan’s name is Aslam on both.; The protagonist loses his dear one(s) in both the movies: (Lover in Tere Naam; Father and foster brother in Wanted). both movies were career reviving movies for Salman Khan after a series of flops.
- The film was based on a real life incident of a friend of the films writer Bala, who had fallen in love, lost his mind and ended up at a mental asylum.
- Jodhpur saw almost a dozen people donning Salman’s Tere Naam hairstyle for the first day’s show. And this was the place where Salman Khan had received the maximum flak after his black buck case.
- Tere Naam was Salman Khan’s first major hit since Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999). Most of his releases from 2000 to 2002 were box office bombs or had unimpressive box collections.
- Komal Nahta reported in Film Information that the collections at Meerut’s Nandan cinema have broken records over the last five years. Two hours after the advanced booking counter for the film opened for the first time, the theatre sold Rs 3 lakh (Rs 300,000) worth of tickets.
- Ram Gopal Verma had bought the Hindi remake rights of the film ” Sethu”.Upon watching Koi Mere Dil Se Pooche, Ram Gopal immediately signed Sanjay Kapoor. E Niwas was to direct the film. But the film got delayed for months due to E.Niwas being busy with other films. Ram Gopal then brought the original director Bala to direct the film. Bala was not comfortable with Hindi and English. Thats when Sunil Manchanda and Boney Kapoor came into the picture Sunil Manchanda was getting a good price for his film if Salman Khan were to be in it. Boney Kapoor suggested that Ram Gopal Varma hand over the rights so the film could be made with Salman. This led to Sanjay Kapoor’s exit from the film.
- Salman Khan’s hairstyle became so popular that many youngsters in a group would spot the same hairstyle.
- Ajay Devgn was highly considered for the role of Radhe after Sanjay Kapoor exited the film, but the role would later go to Salman Khan on director Satish Kaushik’s persistence.
- Film shows Salman Khan in bald look.Salman Khan had actually shaved his head for hair transplant in 2002 which quite attracted his fans,Moreover his character in the film needed a bald look.
- Salman Khan’s performance was considered his best career. Also nominating him for several awards.
- Salman Khan told his fans not to follow the climax of the film and to move ahead.
- Mahindra Verma who plays the baddie who bangs Salman Khan’s head against the train reprises a similar scene with Salman Khan in Wanted 2009.Where Salman Khan bangs Mahindra Verma’s head against the train.
- The tagline of the film is “Unfortunately a true love story”, and the makers and actors, while promoting the film, regularly mentioned that the movie is indeed based on a true story. And yet at the end of the movie is a disclaimer which says that the movie, its story and its characters are all fictitious and any resemblance whatsoever to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.
- Daisy Shah who was launched by Salman Khan in his film Jai Ho 2014.She was a background dancer in the film behind Salman KHan in the son O Jaana and Lagan Lagi.
- Anurag Kashyap stated “There were lots of changes happening in the project and the script even got changed several times. Later new producers arrived and I got to know that now Salman Khan is the new hero of the film. Producers asked me to direct this film.” Anurag added, “The hero of the film belongs from Mathura, Agra and I myself belong to UP so I could not find Salman fitting to that role. Despite that, I tried to make the role fit for Salman and asked him to grow some hair on her chest.”
- He continued, “I told whole suggestion to Salman and asked the actor to grow some hair on the chest. When I said this to him, he was just staring at me and didn’t say a single word to me. Next day I got a call from the producer and he reached to meet me at. The producer throws a glass bottle at me and said – ‘Saale Tu Salman Ko Baal Ugane Ko Bolega.” Ouch! Why don’t you try being a human, Bhai?” Anurag was kicked out of the film.
- The only film where Ravi Kishen and Salman Khan acted together.
- Sarfraaz Khan son of Kadar Khan plays Salman Khan’s friend in the film he came to be noted as Kadar Khan’s son from this film.His role was quite appreciated.
- Bhumika Chawla and Salman Khan used to meet in the Temple which is Shot at Birl Temple Shahd (Ulhasnagar Maharashtra) city.
- Mahima was originally suppose to star opposite Salman. But Boney Kapoor wanted a new face instead.
- Salman Khan wore a wig in the first half.
- Hindi debut film of Bhumika Chawla.
- Debut film of Darshan Kumar. He is credited as Darshan Gandas.
- Last time Savita Prabhune acted in a Hindi film.
- Amisha Patel was the first choice for the film but rejected it due to date issues.
- Mahendra Verma films action director plays the role of a villain who bangs Salman Khan head to the train.
- Media had speculated that the film was based on Salman and Aishwarya’s real story.
- Mahima Chaudhary made Special appearance in song “O Jaana” in this movie
- The bike which Salman Khan rides when he meets with accident belonged to small time Marathi producer Nitin Jhadav.The bike was badly damaged during the scene.
- After Ajay Devgan Sanjay dutt was approached for the role but due to lack of issues he declined this is when Salman Khan was finalized for the film
- Anurag Kashyap was fired from the project because he asked Salman khan to grow some hair in his chest.
Useful External Links
Tere Naam Movie on Wikipedia
Tere Naaem Movie on IMDB
Earn Crypto while you Sleep: https://bit.ly/3Kptxh5
Get upto 18.1% interest on Crypto Stake at CoinDCX : https://bit.ly/3IRZ5Md
Start your International Dropshipping E-Commerce Business with ZERO investment and risk : https://bit.ly/35VvKC3
GETPLUGIN25 gives 25% OFF the AliDropship plugins
GETSTORE15 gives 15% OFF the Custom and Premium Stores